CONSIDER THE BENEFITS OF A PLANNED GIFT TO THE ASIAN LEGACY LIBRARY
By making a planned gift, you can make a significant contribution to the Asian Legacy Library in order to help us preserve, protect, and share the timeless wisdom traditions of Asia — and at the same time gain financial and tax benefits for you and your family. Planned giving provides a legacy to you, your children and family members, and all those who come after us.
Benefits of Giving
With planned giving–which involves the gift of significant financial amounts–you can give as well as gain the advantage of tax benefits for you and your family. Giving to ALL, which is a charitable non-profit, may provide you and your family financial advantages such as reducing a current or future tax burden, while helping a cause you believe in—the preservation of timeless wisdom.
Ease of Planned Giving
Planned giving has the advantage of giving you financial benefits as well as enabling you to support ALL’s crucial mission of preserving the precious timeless wisdom literature of Asia that would otherwise be lost forever. A planned gift enables you to leave an important legacy for your children and future generations.
Some Types of Planned Giving
- Stock or mutual fund transfer
- IRA or other retirement plans, including distributions
- Real estate
- Art or other items of value
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
CONSIDER LEAVING A GIFT TO ALL IN YOUR WILL
There are many reasons to make a bequest. It will create a legacy for you, in addition to perhaps allowing you to honor a loved one. And you will be providing critical support to ALL through your generosity.
A bequest costs nothing now, yet it may give you a great deal of satisfaction to know that your future gift will live on.
- Generally free from federal or state taxes (US)
- You can honor a loved one or yourself when leaving a bequest (certain minimums apply)
- Create a legacy for yourself or your family by leaving ALL a bequest
How to Make a Bequest to ALL
- Talk to your estate attorney or estate planner
- Ask them to include ALL in your estate
- Information to give them:
- Asian Legacy Library, a 501(c)(3) organization
- Business address: 6490 State Route 179 Sedona, AZ 86351 USE
- Tax ID no. : 83-2826030
- Date of incorporation: 10/19/2018
- Please email Christina Kasica at email@example.com. Please let us know if we may list your name as a Legacy Donor in our annual report or other material.
THERE ARE MANY TYPES OF PLANNED GIVING
Here are a few of the types of planned gifts, other than bequests, that you have the opportunity to make. There are others that you and your financial planner might want to discuss. ALL is happy to discuss other options with you and your planners.
You can always make a cash transfer to ALL by using a bank wire. Please contact christina.kasica[at]asianlegacylibrary.org for details if you decide to make a gift in this way.
IRA or other retirement plans, including distributions
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) or other retirement plans may be given outright to ALL, or you may choose to donate annual distributions in order to get a tax advantage. Please contact your financial planning professional for more information on your own situation.
Stock or mutual fund transfer
If you decide to give stocks or mutual funds, please provide ALL with the following information:
- Name of the security
- Number of shares
- Designation of the gift
- Brokerage or bank where the shares are held
We may need to ask for additional information, depending on the nature of your gift.
When you give real estate, you can support ALL’s mission and save on taxes or reduce the burden of maintaining or selling your property. You can give residential, commercial, or undeveloped real estate.
Art or other items of value
You can give art, collections, and other valuable property like jewelry. You will benefit ALL and get tax and other financial benefits. Please contact your financial planning professional for more information on your own situation.
You may have a mature life insurance policy that exceeds what you need for yourself and your family. Consulting with your financial planning professional will tell you if you can get a tax advantage from this type of donation.
There are many types of trusts which can provide benefits to both your family and ALL. Your financial planning professional can tell you what may be right for your family, and ALL is happy to collaborate with you to create the best donation situation.
Types of trusts include:
- Charitable Lead Trusts, which provide income for ALL before the remainder goes to your family
- Charitable Remainder Trusts, which provide income for you or your family for their lifetime, with the remainder going to ALL
- Revocable Trusts, also known as living trusts, which can be canceled or changed at any time
- Irrevocable Trusts, which cannot be changed after they are established but whose assets are not taxed
There may be other types of trusts more suitable for you and your family. Consult your professional financial planner for advice.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DONORS
- ALL is a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization
- Our Federal Tax ID#: 83-2826030
- Our address: Asian Legacy Library, 6490 State Route 179 Sedona, AZ 86351 USA
- To transfer mutual funds, stocks, real estate, art, or any other gifts that may require special instructions, please contact Christina Kasica at firstname.lastname@example.org